It’s great to opening the doors of London once more and with something very special to help make your August 2020 awesome!
I know what a challenging few months it has been for many of us and also the great disappointment of the many guests who were looking forward to discovering London with me but have been thwarted by tragedy of the global coronavirus pandemic.
This is why I am pleased to share that we are accepting bookings again for dates starting from Saturday 8th of August for our privately guided tours.
Best of all, to celebrate, I am offering a very special and unprecedented 20% off on bookings for bespoke tours made from now until the end of August and valid until September 1st 2020.
Simply add the code “AUGUST20″ at the check out when booking a bespoke half or full day tour, which you can do here.
Is London ready for me?
Like many places across the world, it is true at time of writing (July 2020) that London hasn’t quite yet bounced back to its wonderful bustling, vibrant best; in fact in some ways, this offers a unique opportunity to explore the city along quieter streets while still experiencing its many great sights with me.
I have been listening very carefully to my guests and partners who are excited about discovering London but understandably have some concerns as we stretch our legs out of lockdown. I am delighted to be able to share with you the reassurance that The London Storyteller will be operating with even greater care and attention to the well being of our guests, as well ofcourse as my own.
Which tours and experiences are the best ones to pick?
I am recommending our Bespoke Service first a foremost at the moment to my guests, as these can be tailored to a convenient start and end point as well as offering greater scope to tailor the itinerary with some of the current restrictions in place.
These are available as four (half day)or eight (full day) hour tours. In July we launched an unprecedented special offer to make the bespoke experience offer even better value to the intrepid travellers choosing The London Storyteller to visit the finest city on earth.
If you would like to spend more time here in London with The London Storyteller as your host then I have great news, we are extending this discount to multi-day bookings for bespoke experiences, please just drop us an email enquiry to info(at)thelondonstoryteller.com.
Unfortunately there will be an impact on some of the tours and experiences that we offer, especially as some require connection by public transport and others involve going inside.
On the plus side with my bespoke tours you can just let me know of a topic or a theme (you may have even spotted one from our existing portfolio of private tours) and I can tailor one with all the benefits of going bespoke.
Are there special terms or conditions we need to think about with Covid-19?
Naturally, the safety of our guests is paramount in these strange times and so we have created guidelines, recommendations as well so specific terms and conditions that take into account the circumstances presented by Covid-19.
You can read these, as well as Terms & Conditions for our Awesome August Special Offer here.
In a nutshell we are asking our guests to do the following:
- Make sure that you have a facemask on you at all times.
- Please carry hand sanitiser and following government advice on hand washing.
- Please keep a distance of 2m between your party and your host (The London Storyteller) at all times.
- If you are travelling from an overseas location which does not have an air bridge arrangement with the UK, then please observe regulations relating to the quarantine period of 14 days. You will find a list of arrival locations with exemptions (e.g. where air bridges exist) here.
- If you or any of your party are experiencing symptoms or have been in close contact with anyone who has in the past 14 days prior to the tour date, then please notify The London Storyteller in advance.
- Please note that across our portfolio of tours, The London Storyteller retains full and sole discretion to modify the route and itinerary; this includes the places that we visit and not using public and private hire transport, as well as visiting indoor attractions.
- We are currently limiting parties to no more than four guests per tour or experience.
We are also sharing links to the latest government advice from the following sources here in the UK and recommend strongly to all our guests that they take a little time to get acquainted while restrictions are still in place:
To all my many guest from the past and in the future, I very much look forward to welcoming you again to discovering the stories of the people, places and personalities that have made London the finest city on earth.
Tom Barclay Matchett
The London Storyteller